Here's why WMIA members join: WMIA is an important link between wood products manufacturers and suppliers serving them.
The Woodworking Machinery Industry Association (WMIA) is a trade association representing importers and distributors of woodworking machinery and ancillary equipment in North America. Since 1977, WMIA has grown to be the recognized voice of importers and distributors and a vital communications link between suppliers and the many manufacturers of wood products in North America.
If you are a woodworking machine importer, distributor, or a company that services the woodworking industry, join WMIA to become more involved through networking, education, the largest industry expo in North America, and advocacy on behalf of the industry.
Benefits of WMIA membership include:
* Participation in the annual Woodworking Industry Conference (WIC), jointly sponsored by WMIA and the Wood Machinery Manufacturers of America. This "One Industry Conference" gathering will give you a wealth of knowledge, practical information and valuable contacts for your company--an unmatched value for your business.
* Discounts on exhibit space at the International Woodworking Fair (IWF): WMIA is the co-owner, along with WMMA, of the International Woodworking Fair (IWF), the largest woodworking machinery and supply show in North America and the second largest in the world. WMIA members receive discounts on exhibit space, and the Association does all it can to ensure a vibrant show, to the benefit of all participants.
* Industry recognition through awards programs: WMIA sponsors the highly regarded Wooden Globe Awards, which allow members to recognize their customers for innovation and excellence through technology, as well as excellence in education. In addition, the annual Partner of the Year Award allows distributor members to recognize exceptional distributor-importer partnerships.
* Opportunities for professional development: WMIA members receive a discount on registration fees for educational programs like the WTII Boot Camp, a five-day intensive session at Pittsburg State University designed to broaden the understanding of the secondary wood manufacturing process. Now planning its third installment for January 2016, this program has been very warmly received.
* Advocacy: WMIA advocates on behalf of the industry before standards-setting organizations such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and the Association's National Affairs Task Force advocates on the industry's behalf before elected officials.
* Opportunities to get involved: WMIA members can serve on one of the Association's committees, or help to lead the Association by becoming a member of the Board of Directors.
* Access to information: Whether you're looking for benchmarking data, the Woodworking Technology Shop Guide, or news about WMIA members and the industry, your membership will provide you the access you need.
WMIA membership is a valuable investment for your company. To take the first step, visit www.wmia.org/join, or contact WMIA at 703.304.0207.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||WMIA Benefits|
|Comment:||Here's why WMIA members join: WMIA is an important link between wood products manufacturers and suppliers serving them.(WMIA Benefits)|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||WMIA funds serious students: awards $29,000 in woodworking manufacturing education scholarships for 2015-2016.|
|Next Article:||New technology & products on display.|