Henny Penny (Scholastic Canada Reader, Level 1).
(Scholastic Canada Reader, Level 1)
Written and illustrated by Werner Zimmermann
Toronto: Scholastic Canada, 2013
 $4.99 PB 978-1-4431-2433-1
28 pages, full-colour, 6" x 9"
IL: Ages 4-8 RL: Grades 1-2
Follow the journey of the scatterbrained Henny Penny and friends Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey, as they race to inform the king that the sky is falling. When they meet a fox who says he knows a shortcut, their journey comes to an abrupt end. Originally published as a picture book in 1989, by North Winds Press.
ANIMALS | FOLKTALES
Things to look for:
* A star * and a title appearing in red text signify titles of exceptional calibre.
* NE signifies a new edition of a previously selected BBKT title.
* Interest Level (IL) is listed by age.
* Reading Level (RL) is listed by grade.
* The Thematic Links list subject headings for each book.
* The check boxes  make it easy for you to keep track of the books that interest you.
HC (jacket) Hardcover with jacket
HC (jacket & PLC) Hardcover with jacket and picture laminated to cover
LIB Reinforced library binding