Helping New Orleans' rebirth, AICPA holds healthcare conference in big easy.
New Orleans has already made great progress in restoring its downtown business district and tourist areas. Here are some highlights:
* 70% of regional businesses are up and running (Greater New Orleans Inc.).
* More than 1,037 restaurants have received recertification.
* 27,000 hotel rooms are in service, including the new Harrah's casino hotel.
* By early June 2006, Louis Armstrong Airport is expected to have 101 daily flights, which is 61% of its pre-Katrina total of 166 daily flights.
* All major clean up in the Downtown Business District, French Quarter and other popular tourist areas has been completed.
For more information or to register for the National Healthcare Industry Conference, visit www.cpa2biz.com/conferences. Recommended CPE credit: up to 16.
Earn Free CPE Credit--Pilot Test New AICPA Self-Study Courses
Catch up on your CPE by volunteering to pilot test new AICPA self-study courses. Visit CPE Central at www.aicpa.org/cpe/ Index.htm to register for the program by completing a brief survey and supplying contact information. The Professional Development Quality Assurance team will then e-mail you when new courses become available for pilot testing.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Consider giving back to your profession for CPAs now and in the future.|
|Next Article:||Major changes to AICPA InfoBytes include new name, product upgrades.|