Health Benefits of Pomegranate in Quran.
TEHRAN (FNA)- Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said, "There is not a pomegranate which does not have a pip from one of the pomegranates of the Garden of Jannah (Paradise) in it."
"And He it is who causes gardens to grow, [both] trellised and untrellised, and palm trees and crops of different [kinds of] food and olives and pomegranates, similar and dissimilar. Eat of [each of] its fruit when it yields and give its due [zakah] on the day of its harvest. And be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess." (Al-Anaam, Chaper 6, verse 141)
This fruit is no less than a wonder in its nutritional as well as its structural sense. Indeed every creation of God demands pondering.
The delicious fruit pomegranate is mentioned in the Quran three times: (Surah Al Anaam, chapter 6, verse 99 and 141 - Surah Ar-Rahman, chapter 55, verse 68).
It has a beautiful structure with gem-like beauty covered within layers resembling a honeycomb. Each of it is a sign of our Sustainer. Pomegranate is one of the fruits awaiting us in Jannah (Paradise) and is fruit of Paradise which can be tasted here.
Besides being a fruit of Paradise, it has various health benefits that is discovered in recent researches. Pomegranate is a good, natural source of vitamin A, C and E as well as folic acid.
1. It fights cancer: Studies have proven that pomegranate juice fights breast cancer, prevents lung cancer and slows the growth of prostate cancer.
2. Protects the Neonatal brain: Pomegranate juice is very good for an expecting mother, as it protects the neonatal brain from damage.
3. Alzheimer's disease: Pomegranates prevent and slow Alzheimer disease.
4. Lowers blood pressure: One study showed that drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice per day lowered systolic blood pressure as much as 5 percent.
5. Lowers cholesterol: It lower's LDL (bad cholesterol) and raises HDL (good cholesterol).
6. Dental protection: Researches showed that drinking pomegranate juice may be a natural way to prevent dental plaque.
7. Flawless skin: It helps in maintaining and achieving a clear, youthful glow and reduces skin inflammation.
8. Supports Immune system: Pomegranate is a very good source of antioxidant, which supports immune system.
9. Prevents anemia: It supports healthy blood flow because of its iron properties. Pomegranate supports the blood by supplying it with iron, thus preventing anemia.
10. Anti-viral properties: Besides just being an anti-oxidant, pomegranate juice is also said to have anti-viral properties.
We need to realize this great blessing every-time we see or eat this fruit. The fact of it being mentioned in the Quran is to convince the human being to have faith in the Oneness of God and to be grateful to Him for His blessings in providing such beneficial fruits. The benefits contained by pomegranate are from God and He should be praised.
"In both of them are fruit and palm trees and pomegranates. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?" (Surah Ar-Rahman, Chapter 55, verses 68-69)
2014 Fars News Agency. All rights reserved Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).