Headwear for everyone and every occasion.
Summary: Fashionista Hadia Sinno took the style world by storm with a unique combination of expertise and avant-garde style, rising to become one of the most preeminent voices on all things fashion.
Editor's Note: Fashionista Hadia Sinno took the style world by storm with a unique combination of expertise and avant-garde style, rising to become one of the most preeminent voices on all things fashion. Every Friday, Sinno will join The Daily Star to cover the hottest trends and latest styles, sharing professional fashion tips as well as her favorite salons, restaurants, and places to be seen.
Fall/Winter 2015/2016 is becoming one of my favorite seasons -- it's rich in different themes, moods, and nostalgia for trends of the 60s, 70s and 80s.
The colors, prints, silhouettes, and the accessories of this season - shoes, bags, and hair accessories -- all work to complete the look. This particular season, my favorite accessory is headwear, which is becoming more and more of a must-have item. On major catwalks, I saw different shapes and cuts of headwear; some were statements, some were practical, some were fashionable, and some were designed to keep you warm. The question is which to get this season?
When it comes to headwear, every one of us must choose the piece that suits them best.
Trends to follow this season:
* The French beret is back in force, in different colors and different fabrics. You can wear it in different ways -- it all depends on the total look that you want to have, a girly look or a more androgynous look.
* Matching headwear is also fashionable this season as a part of total look. You can pair a hat with a jacket, blazer, or even a coat.
* One of the pieces that we see from one winter to the next is the knitted hat, recalling grandmother's handmade hats and gloves. This season, knitted wear is also back in force, including knitted hats. Even their name helps you feel warm during the coldest winter days. To be trendy, you can make your own hat or pick the perfect fit from the brand or designer that you love. The must-have this season is a fitted, knitted hat, with a 70s look.
* Oversized, funky helmets are also on trend, made from different materials like tweed, feathers, plastic, and various prints.
* Trapper hats are usually reserved for the coldest winter days, but can be worn this season in a fun way too, and come in a variety of different furs.
* Scarves are in this winter as well, a trend I saw in various fashion show collections. You can opt to wear one in a stylish romantic way as I saw at Dolce and Gabbana.
This winter season, headwear is a must-have item to help you keep warm and protect yourself from the elements. Be unique and do it in style by picking the right headwear for you.
Copyright [c] 2015, The Daily Star. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).