Having fun in safety.
4. Light the firework at arm's length with a taper and stand well back. 5. Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks. 6. Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
7. Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them.
8. Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
9. Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
10. Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
AND if you are planning to use sparklers: Never give them to young children under five.
Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones.
Hold it at arm's length while an adult lights it for you.
Never wave it about near someone else.
Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler. When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Evening Gazette (Middlesbrough, England)|
|Date:||Nov 4, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Claire Petulengro.|
|Next Article:||Best Buys.|
|A day for safety...|
|Panto well and truly panned.|
|Porsche hosts road safety drive for kids.|
|Hard hats on for building safety.|