Handheld gauge monitors nodularity with ultrasonic sound velocity. (New product).
Operation of this handheld gauge is simple: the operator places an ultrasonic probe on the casting and enters its known thickness during the calibration process. The gauge then digitally displays the sound velocity value.
A unique feature, Application Auto-Recall, allows users to select and recall any of the stored standard or custom transducer setups in the gauge's memory. This permits easy switching between a variety of contact, delay line and immersion transducers to solve an almost infinite number of measurement problems.
The high-penetration velocity/thickness gauge weighs only 1 lb, 3 oz (0.59 kg). Other features include:
* operation in sound velocity or thickness mode;
* measurement of material sound velocity from 0.02- 0.6692 in./[micro]sec (0.508-17.0mm/[micro]sec);
* measurement of thickness from 0.03-25 in. (1.25-635mm), depending on the application;
* use of contact, delay line, and immersion transducers;
* "hi-low" alarm for velocity or thickness inches per mm;
* long battery life.
Circle No. 014 n fast page.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||From Panametrics|
|Comment:||Handheld gauge monitors nodularity with ultrasonic sound velocity. (New product).(From Panametrics)|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Portable sand tester provides accurate, repeatable results. (Case history).|
|Next Article:||Sand permeability meter improves test accuracy. (New product).|