Hair's how to look your best at parties.
The party season is on its way, which means lots of impromptu invites and straight-from-the-office dos. So how can you make sure you're always looking your best? Deep Hairdressing's salon executive, Sarah Hunt, shares her top tips with MARIE TURBILL.
AFTER a long day's work we don't always look our best. So come the festive season, when office parties and after-work drinks are suddenly commonplace, we could all do with a few styling secrets.
"The key to going straight from day to evening is thinking of something that is going to give you a totally different look," says Deep Hairdressing's Sarah Hunt.
"Wear your hair the opposite way to how you wear it during the day."
She suggests if you normally wear your hair curly then wear it straight, if your hair is tied up during the day then take it down, and vice versa.
"A lot of people tend to wear their hair up for work because they don't have time on a morning.
"This often means their colleagues have never even seen their hair down."
The best bit is a dramatic transformation can take just a few minutes.
Sarah says: "I would suggest having a practice at home first. Have a play around and see what you can do.
"You are not going to be able to do it straight away, you need to get used to the position of your brush and where to put your hands."
But after a few practice runs she says you should be able to give yourself a complete restyle in just 15 minutes.
"You don't want to look like the girl that's been in the office all day.
"Just a quick change can give you a totally different look."
What you need for a fast restyle
SO you are planning a 15 minute restyle in the office loos before your big night out - what do you need?
1. A hairbrush - to smooth the hair through.
2. A tail comb - for styling, sectioning the hair and last minute tweaks.
3. Bulldog clips - for holding sections of the hair out of the way while you style.
4. Clear bobbles - ideal for wearing the hair up.
5. Hair grips - for securing the style.
6. Products - such as heat protector if you are going to straighten or curl the hair.
7. Straightening irons - which can be used to straighten or curl the hair.
8. Hairspray - to hold the style in place.
BEFORE: Amanda, left, and Sarah, in their usual hairstyles