Printer Friendly

Hackers 'sabotaged' Army recruitment website - official.

The Philippine Army's recruitment website, jointhearmy.ph, went offline Tuesday morning after it was allegedly compromised by hackers.

'We shut down the website to prevent further complications to the site so we can investigate and rectify the problem,' said Army spokesperson Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala.

'At 8 a.m. this morning, April 30, the hacker group Pinoy Lulzsec sabotaged the site and effectively curtailed the dreams and aspirations of many young men and women as they take the first steps in joining the noble profession of arms,' he also said.

One of the hackers claimed on social media that around 50,000 applicants' details were compromised.

But Zagala dismissed these claims saying the website was not part of the Philippine Army Network.

The website, put up with the help of reservists, was designed to step up recruitment efforts of the Philippine Army.

Zagala said they are already in touch with the creators of the website to take appropriate actions.

Pinoy Lulzsec has been previously linked to hacking websites of government and private firms. In 2016, it exposed records of millions of registered Filipino voters.

COPYRIGHT 2019 Knowledge Bylanes
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Philippines Daily Inquirer (Makati City, Philippines)
Date:Apr 30, 2019
Words:231
Previous Article:Poe thanks supporters for latest Pulse Asia survey ranking.
Next Article:PNP assures coordination with Comelec in entering warehouses with VCMs.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters