HP announces world's most secure printers.
"Protecting against security breaches is one of the biggest challenges our customers face," said Leong Han Kong, Vice President, Printing Systems, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP. "HP is helping customers secure their devices, documents and data by defending our enterprise printers with the strongest protection in the industry."
DEEPEST PROTECTION IN THE INDUSTRY
Printer security is a topic of growing importance. According to the Ponemon Institute, 64% of IT managers believe their printers are likely infected with malware. At the same time, 56% of enterprise companies ignore printers in their endpoint security strategy.1 To help address this gap, HP is delivering its new HP Enterprise printers and MFPs with industry leading security features built into them.11
* HP SureStart enables detection of and self-healing recovery from malicious BIOS attacks, extending the same BIOS security protecting HP's Elite line of PCs since 2013 to new HP LaserJet Enterprise printers.
* Whitelisting ensures only known, good firmware can be loaded and executed on a printer.
* Run-time Intrusion Detection is a new feature providing in-device memory monitoring for malicious attacks. It was developed in partnership with Red Balloon, an embedded device security company founded by researchers from Columbia University.
These new features will be standard on new HP LaserJet Enterprise printers and OfficeJet Enterprise X printers with PageWide Technology going forward. With a firmware update, these three features can also be enabled on several HP LaserJet Enterprise printers delivered since April. In addition, two of the features, whitelisting and Run-time Intrusion Detection, can be added to many existing HP LaserJet and Pagewide Enterprise printers launched since 2011 through an HP FutureSmart service pack update.10 FutureSmart is HP firmware that helps protect our customers' investments in HP Enterprise printers by enabling the delivery of new capabilities via updates.
Beyond the printer itself, HP also helps customers protect their print environment with solutions to manage security.2 HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, the industry's only policy-based printer security compliance solution, lets IT establish and maintain security settings such as closing ports, disabling access protocols, auto-erase files and more.12 When a reboot occurs, the HP Instant-On Security feature of this solution will check and reset any impacted settings automatically to bring devices into compliance with the organization's policy. HP JetAdvantage Security Manager has been updated for greater automation, including auto-discovery of devices to make it easier to find and add printers to manage.
HP will continue to focus on security for its printing portfolio by delivering market leading security technology for new and existing printers, helping customers better protect their devices, data and documents.
NEW PRINTERS FEATURE FAST, EFFICIENT PRINTING
The new HP Enterprise LaserJet printers and MFPs deliver the fastest real world print performance in their class with the fastest first page out and dual-sided print speeds and lowest total energy consumption per page.3,4 These printers were built for ease of use and include support for printing from mobile devices.7,8,9 Designed for workgroups of 5-15 users printing up to 7,500 pages per month, the printers benefit from the increased performance, protection and print capacity of new HP Original Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence. The new models include:
* The HP LaserJet Enterprise M506 series for monochrome printing with a 25 percent smaller footprint and dual-sided print speeds up to 71 percent faster than its predecessor.5,6
* The HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527 series which offers monochrome printing in an MFP that includes single pass, two-sided scanning, an eight-inch color touch screen control panel to support advanced workflow, and first page out speeds up to 33 percent faster than its predecessor.6
* The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M577 series delivers outstanding color printing in an MFP that includes single pass, two-sided scanning, an eight-inch color touch screen control panel and optional keyboard to support advanced workflow and dual-sided print speeds up to 43 percent faster than its predecessor.6
The HP LaserJet Enterprise M506 series will be generally available on October 1st and the HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527 and HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M577 series printers will be generally available on November 1st.
Leong Han Kong, VP, Printing Systems, HP APJ, introduces the new HP LaserJet printers that come with built-in security features
The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M427 delivers two-sided prints much faster than its predecessor to keep SMBs at their most productive
Powered by JetIntelligence, the HP 87A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge prints up to 9,000 pages, enabling the HP LaserJet Enterprise M506 to deliver up to 50% more pages than its predecessor
The new HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 features an infinity scan-glass to easily slide the paper off the glass after every scan
The new HP ScanJet Pro 2500fn1 and 3500fn1 Flatbed Scanners simplify digitization for greater productivity
HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M577
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 5, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Acer first Windows smartphone, Liquid M220.|
|Next Article:||HP LaserJets offer business performance, security in a new, sleek design.|