HONOUR FOR DIET PILL TRAGEDY STUDENT.
THE family of a student who died after she took a diet drug accepted a posthumous award in her honour.
Eloise Parry, a student at Wrexham Glyndwr University, was 21 when she accidentally overdosed on pills she bought online.
The illegal pills contained a chemical called 2,4-dinitrophenol - known as DNP - which causes the body to heat up uncontrollably.
Eloise, from Shrewsbury, would have graduated with a degree in families and childhood studies this week and her family attended a graduation ceremony to accept a diploma on her behalf.
Her mother Fiona Parry said: "Like every young person, Eloise was a complex and vibrant individual with many divergent aspects to her persona. The kindness and support that other people have shown us since Eloise died have been heartwarming and, as a family, we are very grateful to everyone who has taken the time to reach out to us.
"However, in terms of moving on and coming to terms with what happened, I think it is important to focus on the good and positive aspects of her life, and not to dwell on the bad."
Eloise died at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on April 12, 2015, just hours after taking the pills.
Ms Parry said: "Remembering and celebrating her achievements is immensely helpful. It gives her life meaning.
"I am grateful that the university has recognised Eloise's time at Glyndwr and feel very privileged that I have been allowed to receive it on her behalf."
Ruth Jones, a senior lecturer in early childhood studies, said: "Ella was a vivacious, intelligent, diligent and kind person."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)|
|Date:||Oct 28, 2016|
|Previous Article:||Health boards fail to hit child vaccination targets; TORIES IN CALL FOR CAMPAIGN TO RAISE PARENTS' AWARENESS.|
|Next Article:||heartbreaking; Aid worker tells of Calais Jungle horror.|