HMA Announces Winners of the Asian Hospital Management Awards 2012.
The Asian Hospital Management Awards recognizes and honors hospitals in Asia that carry out best practices in hospital management. Now in its tenth year, AHMA is the accepted hospital management awards program for the Asia Pacific region.
Awards are given to hospitals in the region that, in the opinion of the judges and advisers, have implemented or enhanced outstanding and innovative projects, programs, and best practices during the previous year. AHMA 2012 garnered 363 entries representing 89 hospitals from 12 countries.
KM&T and Medworxx are this year's co-sponsors for the Asian Hospital Management Awards. Medworxx provides Patient Flow solutions to harness concurrent clinical and operational perspectives to provide hospitals with visibility into root causes of inpatient waits, barriers and delays. Working in alignment, Medworxx and KM&T are able to leverage proven performance improvement methodologies driven by rich analytics that cascade from the front line to the Board level and the community. Together, the companies support flow through critical transition points in the care continuum to help ensure appropriate levels of care, lengths of stay and clinically stable discharges. www.kmandt.com www.pf.medworxx.com
Chairs of the board of judges were:
- Corporate Social Responsibility Category - A/ Prof. Luong Ngoc Khue, Ministry Of Health Vietnam
- Cost Reduction Project Category - Dr. Eric de Roodenbeke, International Hospital Federation
- Human Resource Development Project Category - Dr. Bob Beaudoin, University of Connecticut
- Service Improvement for Internal Customers Project Category - Mr. Peter Lee, Ministry of Health Singapore
- Marketing, PR or Promotional Project Category - Mr. Steven Thompson, Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Patient Safety Project Category - Dr. Paul Chang, Joint Commission International
- Clinical Service Improvement Project Category - Dr. Allen Cheung, Hong Kong Hospital Authority
- Customer Service Project Category - Prof. Rene Domingo, Asian Institute of Management
- Bio Medical Equipment / Facilities Improvement Project Category - Dr. Yash Paul Bhatia, Astron Hospital & Healthcare Consultants
- Most Improved Local Hospital - Mr. Amitabh Saxena, Anexas Consultancy (Co-Chair) and Mr. Scott Middleton, KM&T (Co-Chair)
The complete list of winners and runners-up by category are:
I. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) Project
- KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital (Malaysia) - "CSR - Our Contribution to Society"
- Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi - "Apollo Community Outreach Programme", India
- Fortis - Hoan My Sai Gon Premier Hospital - "Healing Heart for Poor Patients", Vietnam
- Hinduja Hospital - "Serve with Passion: Hinduja Hospital Rural Health Programme", India
- West China Hospital, Sichuan University - "Community-based Resource Centre for Earthquake Zone in Sichuan of China", China
II. COST REDUCTION Project
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals - "Increased Productivity through Reduction of Length of Stay", India
- Asian Hospital and Medical Center - "Achieving Cost Reduction and Delivery of Savings through Paperless Post-Procedural Documentation System", Philippines
- Princess Margaret Hospital - "Smart Use Antibiotics Program in Princess Margaret Hospital. Where have we been...Where are we going?", Hong Kong
III. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT Project
- Kowloon East Cluster, Hospital Authority - "Staff Competency Program in MHO Management", Hong Kong
- Asian Hospital and Medical Center - "Achieving Delivery of Excellent and Quality Rehabilitation Medicine Services through Development of Knowledge-Based Workers", Philippines
- Kwong Wah Hospital - "Build People First - A Strategic Professional Development Project Nurturing Evidence-based Practice Nurses in Kwong Wah Hospital & TWGHs Wong Tai Sin Hospital, Hong Kong", Hong Kong
IV. SERVICE IMPROVEMENT FOR INTERNAL CUSTOMERS Project
- Bangkok Hospital Medical Center - "Tele-Interpretation Service", Thailand
- Institute of Mental Health - "Promote improved integrated care through the reduction of patient rejection referrals to the Community Mental Health Services", Singapore
- Kwong Wah Hospital & TWGHs Wong Tai Sin Hospital - "Implementation of 'Health Staff and Happy People' Program", Hong Kong
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital - "Revolution in Picking and Distribution Method - The TRI-CART System", Singapore
V. MARKETING, PR OR PROMOTIONAL Project
- Bangkok Phuket Hospital - "Comprehensive Mobile Check Up beside you", Thailand
- Yashoda Hospitals - "Fight the Salt Monster", India
- Wooridiul Spine Hospital - "Wooridul International Marketing Strategies", Korea
VI. PATIENT SAFETY Project
- KK Women's and Children's Hospital - "Enhance compliance with Pre-operative verification, Site marking and Final Time-Out through Process Re-engineering for Patient Safety", Singapore
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals - "Project ESCALATE (Eleven Strategies to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance Rate", India
- Caritas Medical Centre - "Quality Improvement Program for Control of Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus in Caritas Medical Centre (CMC)", Hong Kong
VII. CLINICAL SERVICE IMPROVEMENT Project
- Princess Margaret Hospital - "EBP Project: Prevention of MRSA in PMH", Hong Kong
- National University Hospital - "Reducing Unscheduled 30 Day Readmissions For Heart Failure In NUH", Singapore
- Singapore General Hospital - "Response time of Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) code blue team reduced to less than 5 minutes", Singapore
VIII. CUSTOMER SERVICE Project
- Princess Margaret Hospital - "Hospital @Home: Virtual Ward in Princess Margaret Hospital", Hong Kong
- Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi - "Improving Patient Satisfaction Levels", India
IX. (BIO MEDICAL EQUIPMENT / FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT Project)
- Queen Mary Hospital - "Nurse Led Program in Building Trust and Partnership in the Management of Care with LVAD Patients", Hong Kong
- Changi General Hospital - "Experience enhancement through holistic facilities improvement", Singapore
- Makati Medical Centre - "Improvement of Makati Medical Center Tower 1 Air-conditioning Efficiency", Philippines
- Princess Margaret Hospital - "Equipment safety in improving quality of patient care", Hong Kong
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital - "Pioneering Robotic Gait Training Service in Hong Kong", Hong Kong
X. MOST IMPROVED LOCAL HOSPITAL
- Fortis Hoan My Sai Gon Premier Hospital (Vietnam) - "Quality Improvement for the Best Service"
- Cho Ray Hospital - "Applying Risk Management in an Overloading Tertiary Hospital to Improve Patient Safety", Vietnam
- L'Hopital Francais de Hanoi - "Improvement of Laboratory Process", Vietnam
Proud recipient of the Grand Award is Princess Margaret Hospital.
The HMA 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award was conferred on Professor Vu Van Dinh, "the Father of Critical Care Medicine in Vietnam". Professor Vu Van Dinh has distinguished himself as a physician, a highly successful critical care entrepreneur, manager and community leader. He graduated in 1959 as part of the first generation of medical doctors at Hanoi Medical University, worked as a lecturer at Hanoi Medical University and as a physician at the Bach Mai Hospital. He received specialty training in Critical Care Medicine in France during 1971 and 1984.
He was president of the Vietnam Association of Emergency, Intensive Care Medicine and Toxicology from 2001 to 2011, and has been an executive consultant to the Minister of Health of Vietnam. In acknowledgement of all his contributions over 50 years, Professor Dinh was designated People Doctor Emeritus and Doctor of the People and Labor Hero by the Government of Vietnam.
HMA 2012 and the Asian Hospital Management Awards are organized by Exedra Events with the support of the Ministry of Health Vietnam. And in cooperation with Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Joint Commission International, the International Hospital Federation, the Asian Hospital Federation, Hong Kong Hospital Authority and a number of national associations and organizations across Asia.
The Awards Co-sponsors are KM&T and Medworxx.
Official Industry Partners are Austco Marketing, UBM Medica, and Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group.
Cooperating Partners are Global Health Services Network, Microsoft Operations, HP, DMC Vietnam, Me Trang Coffee, Oasis Spa, Schenker Vietnam, and Song Hong Camera. Knowledge Partners are Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc., and Healthcare Intelligence Network.
Conference partners are ASTRON Hospital & Healthcare Consultants Private Limited, Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia, Hoan My Medical Corporation, The Ho Chi Minh City Medical Association and The Medical Practitioner Society of Ho Chi Minh City, Indian Healthcare Quality Forum, Indonesian Hospital Association, National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers and Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines.
HMA is also supported by Asian Hospital & Healthcare Management, Business World, Cambodian Business Review, Global Health Press, Medical Progress, Medical Tribune, MIMS and Vietnam Business Forum as Media Partners. PR Partners are and Masso iPR (Vietnam), ACN Newswire, Creative Crest (India), and Integrated Public Relations (Malaysia).
For additional information on Hospital Management Asia, please visit www.hospitalmanagementasia.com.
About Hospital Management Asia (HMA)
Source: Hospital Management Asia (HMA)
Rachel Fabon Marketing and Media Coordinator Tel: +632 846 8339 Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 16, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Preserving Wealth in a Deleveraging Economic Environment.|
|Next Article:||Telefield Invests in a Distributor and Provider of Wireless Products and Solutions.|