Printer Friendly

HEART 2 HEART; Have your emotional problems sorted by our expert Marisa.

QI AM a 44-year-old mum of three and I seem to have lost sensation down below. I don't want to have sex with my husband any more and I think that if I can't feel it then he probably can't either. I also leak a bit when I have an orgasm or I sneeze. I am so embarrassed and don't know what to do. Please don't tell me to see a doctor as I know I would not be able to talk about it. Even if I could have an operation to fix it, I can't take time off and would struggle with childcare.

I have also heard surgery is painful and not that effective. I can't talk to my husband as I feel so ashamed and like an old granny. Shelley AYOUR husband probably does not notice to the same extent and you mention having orgasms, so it seems you have lost tightness rather than sensation.

Many women find they get muscle weakening after childbirth, so they lose sensation and can leak a bit if they cough or laugh. It is easily fixed with pelvic floor muscle strengthening moves called Kegel exercises but it takes time to see results.

Instead, you can buy a Kegel8 - a small probe you insert. It contracts your muscles and is painless. It works quickly and is so discreet you can do it while watching TV in bed and no one would ever know.

Surgeons recommend it and using it will restore tightness and sensation and should stop the leaking.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:The People (London, England)
Date:Nov 4, 2012
Previous Article:Fantashtic fellas.
Next Article:SSSSHHHh... Your intimate problems.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters