Printer Friendly

Group launches signature drive urging Duterte to open bank accounts.

A newly-formed cause-oriented group, Tindig Pilipinas, launched on Saturday a nationwide signature campaign to urge President Rodrigo Duterte to sign a waiver that would open his bank accounts for investigation.

At a rally in the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City, Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV said that the petition-signing was aimed at pressuring the President to open his financial records and put an end to the questions on his alleged unexplained wealth.

'This is the start ng pagpapabilis natin para pakita natin na marami nang disgusted sa nangyayari sa ating bansa,' Trillanes said in a chance interview.

'All over the country yung petition-signing para makita natin na buong bansa ang nagdedemand ng transparency and accountability sa Duterte government,' he added.

Trillanes alleged that P2.2-billion worth of transactions had been recorded from 2006 to 2015 in the alleged bank accounts of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Former Social Welfare Secretary Corazon 'Dinky' Soliman joined the event and urged Duterte to finally put an end to speculations about his alleged unexplained wealth.

'Kinakailangan matapos na itong nangyayaring kaguluhan, pirmahan lang itong waiver,' Soliman said.

'Ang hinihiling lang namin na pirmahan mo para tuluy-tuloy na ang ating imbestigasyon,' she added.

Despite the heavy rain, hundreds of anti-Duterte protesters flocked to UP's Palma Hall to urge Duterte to sign a waiver allowing the opening his accounts. /atm

COPYRIGHT 2017 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2017 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Philippines Daily Inquirer (Makati City, Philippines)
Date:Oct 14, 2017
Words:278
Previous Article:Red Cross seeks more participants in 4th Million Volunteer Run on Oct. 21.
Next Article:Brace for traffic as Asean convoy rehearsals held Sunday from Clark to Manila.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters