Granny Adair's Pistachio cookies.
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup room-temperature butter
* 1/2 cup mashed avocado
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* Green food coloring (optional)
* 2 cups flour
* 1 cup chopped pistachios
1. Cream sugar with butter and mashed
avocado using electric mixer.
2. Add nutmeg, baking powder, vanilla, egg,
and (if desired) 10 drops of food coloring.
Beat on medium until fluffy.
3. Mix in flour on low until dough is moist.
4. Stir in pistachios.
5. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten
balls slightly and place 4 inches apart on
baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
7. Preheat oven to 350[degrees]F. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool on wire rack for 10
minutes. Eat immediately. Or, if saving for later,
make sure to hide them from leprechauns!
(Makes about 25 cookies.)