Printer Friendly

Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid's home burgled TWO times in a month; The presenter has since stepped up security at her home in south London which she shares with sons Sam, 16, Finn, 14, and Jack, 13.

Byline: Amber Hicks

TV favouriteSusanna Reid'shome has been raided two times in the space of month, it emerged tonight.

The scheming burglars have made off with theGood Morning Britainhost's car and pricey electronic gadgets - including her son's iWatch and charger.

The 48-year-old has since stepped up security after the terrifying break-ins at her south London address which she shares with sons Sam, 16, Finn, 14, and Jack, 13.

Her home was also raided as she slept in 2010, days after a Come Dine With Me episode filmed at her home was aired on TV.

An iPad, iPhone and her car were among the items nicked.

Mum told son, 6, who would 'bump into things' has less than two years to live

A pal toldThe Sun: "Being burgled once is bad enough, but having to relive it again for a second time is devastating.

"She has spared no expense on home security including state-of-the-art alarms.

"Any burglar should now think twice about trying their luck."

The first theft happened on Monday February 11, but police said there was no sign of forced entry to the home.

"The crime was investigated at a theft from a dwelling, as there were no suspects or CCTV images the investigation was closed," a Met Police spokesman told the Mirror.

Woman's incredible transformation from homeless binge drinker to cafe owner

Reid's car was also stolen sometime between Sunday, 10 February and Thursday, 14 February.

She phoned police reporting her car keys had been stolen from inside her hallway.

The vehicle was later found abandoned near Wandsworth Common and combed for fingerprints, but none were found and the investigation was closed.

The latest break-in happened on Monday, 11 March when expensive electronic goods were snatched.

Woman's plea as 'fit as a fiddle' brother dies just days after complaining of flu

The culprits are believed to have climbed through a window.

A police spokesman added: "A forensic examination has taken place and a review of CCTV conducted.

"Officers from the local Safer Neighbourhoods' Team will attend the premises to assist the householder to review security and conduct local enquiries."

No arrests have been made.

Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact viaTwitter@MetCC. Quote CAD 5288/11MAR

Top news stories from Mirror Online

CAPTION(S):

Credit: ITV

Reid's car was among the items stolen

Credit: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock

Susanna presents the show with Piers Morgan Monday to Wednesday

Credit: ITV

She has reported three thefts from her home to police

Credit: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock

No arrests have been made in the thefts and two of the cases have been closed

COPYRIGHT 2019 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:News,UK News
Publication:Daily Mirror (London, England)
Geographic Code:4EUUK
Date:Mar 18, 2019
Words:445
Previous Article:Zinedine Zidane makes Real Madrid transfer reveal ahead of [pounds sterling]300million summer splurge; The Frenchman was asked about his summer plans...
Next Article:Parents' cannabis oil plea for baby boy who suffers up to 100 seizures a day; Lauren Abernethy and James Leahy are desperate to prolong little...
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters