Global Antibacterials Market Set to Grow to Over US$45 Billion by 2012.
The global anti-infective market is currently valued at US$66.5 billion with antibacterial agents accounting for over 50% of sales. The antibacterial market is set to grow to over US$45.0 billion by 2012, driven by the uptake of newer antibacterial agents such as glycopeptides and carbapenems which demonstrate resistance to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE) as well as other emerging strains.
Pharmaceutical companies continue to develop a new generation of antibacterial agents such as cephalosporins, macrolides and quinolones to overcome the major issue of drug resistance. In addition, a number of new drug classes such as dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors (DHFR) are under evaluation which are effective in multi drug resistant organisms.
This report examines each of the antibacterial classes in turn, assessing the market potential and application in hospital and community-acquired infections.
The following product classes are analyzed in this report:
- dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors
The report assesses the overall antibacterial market, key classes and the drivers and resistors influencing their prescription. The report provides an overview of key products in each category, summarizing their clinical efficacy and marketing position. The overview of the current market is given in terms of segmentation and by leading players and their products and analyzes market trends.
The report also examines promising pipeline products and their potential impact on the prescription of current and new antibacterial agents and the future of the antibacterial market.
Key Features of this report:
- Overview of the antibacterial market, including the main infectious agents, therapeutic drug classes and key players.
- In-depth analysis of different classes of antibacterial agents, including leading antibacterial agents and a summary of leading brands within each class.
- Comprehensive facts and figures for the antibacterial market, including main players and drug class break-downs.
- Future trends in the antibacterial marketplace, driven by drug resistance and patient demographics.
- Outlook for the antibacterial market, including the emergence of novel therapies and the impact of generics.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c70373
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 3, 2007|
|Previous Article:||This Classic Visual Reference Has Helped over 400,000 Readers Understand the Basic Vocabulary of Architectural Design.|
|Next Article:||New Report Identifies the Key Hurdles to the Mass Adoption of Mobile Gambling Services.|