Printer Friendly

Girl burned in her sleep by sunlamp Girl tells of sunlamp burn horror.

Teenager Edwina Holt got third degree burns after using a new sunlamp for the first time.

Edwina, 19, set the timer for a 25-minute session then fell asleep.

She woke up an hour later with third degree burns and was so blistered that she could not move or speak.

Worried boyfriend David Lumley, 24, broke into her flat in South Shields, Tyne and Wear, and found her.

Now her mum Anne-Marie wants trading standards experts to check the sunlamp.

Edwina said: "I kept passing out and was in so much pain I couldn't move, not even to get up to reach a tap."

She stayed under the lamp half an hour longer than she should have done.

But Anne-Marie said: "Edwina followed all the instructions so there must be something faulty.

"It was 10 feet from the bed so it must have been giving out laser beams instead of sun rays.

"All the uncovered parts of her body were burned - her chest, neck, legs and stomach.

"Edwina is a beautiful girl and we are praying her looks have not been disfigured."
COPYRIGHT 1997 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1997 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Author:Crickmer, Clive
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Feb 26, 1997
Words:181
Previous Article:SPENCER JAIL MATE FACING QUIZ BY COPS; Probe on Carl clue.
Next Article:Frost freezes out the Street.


Related Articles
Sunlamp use linked to melanoma.
SUNBED GIRL FRIED IN HOUR; Pain was so bad she couldn't talk.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters