Get the most from IETMs with EMS NextGen Viewer.
THE ELECTRONIC MAINTENANCE SYSTEM--NEXT GENERATION (EMS NG) VIEWER SOFTWARE POWERS YOUR INTERACTIVE ELECTRONIC TECHNICAL MANUALS (IETMS). AND IT HAS SOME NIFTY BUILT-IN FEATURES YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT. HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLE ...
* The notes and bookmarks functions of the EMS NextGen Viewer lets you mark up your IETMs just like paper TMs. You can jot down part numbers or NSN corrections, lag tips from PS articles or copy info from Safety of Use Messages (SOUMs), Maintenance Advisory Messages (MAMs) and Ground Precautionary Messages (GPMs).
* To view all your notes and bookmarks or add a note or bookmark, visit the viewer's "Tools" menu.
* Each note in the master notes lists links to the work package where it was made (if it's a work package-specific note).
* You can choose from global or personal notes. Global notes can be seen by all users. Personal notes are displayed only in the account that created the note.
* A yellow sticky-note icon appears at the bottom of the screen in work packages with notes. A blue bookmark at the bottom of the screen means that the work package is bookmarked.
THE VIEWER GUIDE VERSION 2.1.7 HAS MORE INFO ON THESE AND OTHER FEATURES. YOU CAN FIND THEM ALL IN THE EMS NG VIEWER'S HELP SECTION OR VISIT:
SEE PAGES 17-18 IN THE GUIDE FOR HOW TO BOOKMARK PAGES OR ADD NOTES. PAGE 38 EXPLAINS HOW TO EDIT AND DELETE NOTES.
NOTE: THE IETM HAS TO BE RUNNING FROM YOUR COMPUTER'S HARD DRIVE, NOT FROM THE DISK, IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR NOTES AND BOOKMARKS.
IF YOU RUN INTO HURDLES, CALL THE EMS NG HELP DESK AT 1-877-445-1780 OR EMAIL:
THE HELP DESK IS STAFFED MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 7:30 A.M. TO 4 P.M. EST.