Get Set for Luxe Pack New York: in a new, exciting venue, the 12th edition of Luxe Pack New York--May 14-15--promises to be better than ever with nearly 200 exhibitors, an extensive seminar schedule and a promotional show-within-a-show.
"We're so pleased that Luxe Pack New York is the benchmark event for creative packaging in America, just like Luxe Pack Monaco is on a global scale," says Nathalie Grosdidier, executive director, Luxe Pack. "This year, we are taking Luxe Pack NewYork to the next level with our new venue, the Luxe Pack in Green Award and Luxe Promo. We're very excited about the scope of the event this year and are sure it will excite visitors and exhibitors alike."
Luxe Promo Debuts
The new section, Luxe Promo, is a dedicated show-within-a-show for creative promotional items for beauty and beverage brands. Offerings of customized and standard POS merchandise, gifts with purchase, promotional gifts and other high-end premiums will include items such as, in beauty: makeup bags, manicure sets, hair ornaments, samples, candles, soaps and massage gloves; and, in beverage: glasses, ice buckets, wine bags, corkscrews and more.
First U.S. Luxe Pack in Green Award
The Luxe Pack in Green Award, popular at Luxe Pack Monaco, debuts in the U.S. this year. The award recognizes the exhibitor presenting the most innovative environmentally friendly packaging solution. A jury of industry influencers will review the entries and select the winner based on sustainable criteria including materials, new and efficient processes and technologies and more. The winner will be announced at the show at 5pm on May 14.
The jury members are Dr. Andrew Dent, VP library & materials research, Material ConneXion; Dan Denisoff, senior vice president, operations, Pernod Ricard; Jamie Matusow, editor, Beauty Packaging; Stephanie Martins, VP packaging & development Americas, L'Oreal; and Henry Renella, senior vice president for global package development, The Estee Lauder Companies.
A Comprehensive Seminar Program
Luxe Pack New York will once again present a comprehensive seminar program over the two days of the show. Following are a few highlights: Wednesday, May 14
* 1pm: Luxe in Light of Environmental Responsibility: How Prestige Brands are Meeting Social and Environmental Calls for 'Greener' Packaging Compliance. With speakers Henry Renella, Stephanie Martins, Dr. Andrew Dent and Dan Denisoff. Moderated by Jamie Matusow, editor, Beauty Packaging magazine
* 2:30pm: Packaging the Promise: Designing the Payoff into the Packaging. With speakers Jeanette Liang, executive director, global digital marketing, The Estee Lauder Companies' Aramis and Designer Fragrances division; Mary Manning, president, SilkRoute Strategists; Melissa Montfort, marketing director and creative trend forecaster, Givaudan Fragrances; KarenYoung, CEO, TheYoung Group. Moderated by Marc Rosen, president, Marc Rosen Associates
* 4pm: Luxury Skincare Packaging: Standing Out in a Crowd. With Dr. Benjamin Punchard, global packaging insights director, Mintel
Thursday, May 15
* 11:30am: Artful Draw: Illustrations' Role in Helping Liquor Brands Connect with Consumers on Shelf
* 2:15pm: The Power of Interaction: Welcome to the New Reality: Augmented Reality (AR) Technology. With Jay Van Buren, creative technologist, Early-Adopter LLC and Victoria Neilson, brand strategist. Moderated and created by Jeannie J. Joshi, designer, visual strategist, Joshi Design LLC
More info: http://www.luxepacknewyork.com
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||LuxePack PREVIEW|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2014|
|Previous Article:||That's all in the family: a carefully coordinated packaging theme creates a stronger, more memorable brand presence for product collections at retail.|
|Next Article:||An integrated approach to 'intelligent' anti-aging skincare: whether used individually or combined, a 3-pronged program offers treatment beyond the...|