Printer Friendly

Germany's BaFin initiates review period for BHF's planned takeover.

M2 EQUITYBITES-November 25, 2013-Germany's BaFin initiates review period for BHF's planned takeover(C)2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.m2.com

25 November 2013 - German financial regulator BaFin has informed Belgian financial services group RHJ International SA (EBR:RHJI) about the launch of the formal 60 working day review period for the clearance of the latter's planned EUR354m (USD478.5m) bid for German private lender BHF-BANK.

In a statement published today, RHJ said that the formal review period will expire on 18 February.

In September 2012, RHJ's wholly-owned unit Kleinwort Benson Group Ltd (KBG) agreed to buy BHF from Deutsche Bank AG (ETR:DBK) for EUR384m. The terms of the deal were changed in late October because one of the co-investors, BlackRock Inc (NYSE:BLK), had withdrawn.

Under the new terms, KBG will be acquiring 91% of BHF for EUR322m in cash, while RHJ will itself directly buy the remaining 9% in exchange for own shares worth some EUR32m.

The purchase of BHF was to be accompanied by a capital hike in KBG that would have reduced RHJ's 100% stake in the unit to 60%. Now that BlackRock has backed away, the other co-investors, namely Fosun International Ltd (HKG:0656), German entrepreneur Stefan Quandt's Aqton SE and entities affiliated with Timothy C Collins, will split a 35% KBG interest between themselves, leaving RHJ with 65%.

((Comments on this story may be sent to info@m2.com))

COPYRIGHT 2013 Normans Media Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 
Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:M2 EquityBites (EQB)
Date:Nov 25, 2013
Words:235
Previous Article:Agilent Technologiesa[euro](tm) board authorises new share repurchase programme; Ups quarterly dividend by 10%.
Next Article:Digital River selected by HarperCollins to manage global commerce and online payments for consumer e-book sales of its C.S. Lewis titles in US and UK.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters