Printer Friendly

Gassed.

Awhile back, we went to see relatives, and a few of us decided to sit on the patio and visit. It was a cool day, so I pulled my lawn chair up close to the nearby dryer exhaust vent. The stream of warm air felt good on my chilly arms as we visited, but eventually I started feeling lightheaded and a bit ill.

With a bit of clumsiness, I was able to lift myself out of the chair and walk into the house. Soon I started to feel better and explained to my husband what had happened. He listened carefully and then said the problem was that I was breathing in carbon monoxide fumes from the dryer's exhaust. Then he explained the dangers of anging around a gas dryer vent for any period of time!

Ann Johansen

COPYRIGHT 2014 Home Service Publications, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Great GOOFS
Publication:The Family Handyman
Article Type:Editorial
Geographic Code:1USA
Date:Mar 1, 2014
Words:137
Previous Article:Wake-up shock.
Next Article:BE a stonemason no special skills required!
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters