GVA to Design First 3000E Accommodation Unit for Jurong Shipyard.
This is the fourth rig designed for Prosafe by a GVA engineering team in Sweden. Prosafe is the world's leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation/service rigs. The rig will be a GVA 3000E design which is equipped with a DP3 (dynamic positioning) system as well as a 12-point mooring arrangement. This system provides for maximum cost efficiency and flexibility by allowing for operations in harsh environments both in DP and anchored mode.
The unit will have the capacity to accommodate 450 persons. The deckload work area payload capacity is 1,900 tonnes maximum. The license agreement with Jurong also includes options for two more units.
"We are pleased that Jurong Shipyard and Prosafe have selected our GVA 3000E design," said Mats Linden, GVA Managing Director. "This design is based on three decades of operational experience with GVA Accommodation Units in service across the world, from the North Sea to the Gulf of Mexico."
GVA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of KBR, is a marine and offshore consultancy with more than 40 years of experience in the design and construction of floating drilling and production units. More than 50 percent of all newly-built semi-submersible production units worldwide are designed by GVA. For more information, visit www.gvac.se.
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
1. GVA, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, is a KBR company.
2. GVA is a world leader in the design of semi-submersibles, FPSOs and other large floating structures. GVA has successfully delivered over 100 projects in more than 20 countries.
3. GVA has its origins in Gothenburg's Gotaverken Arendal Shipyard.
4. GVA has some 200 specialists in conceptual design, naval architecture, structural design and marine and drilling systems. The company's strong client base includes many of the world's largest oil and gas companies.
5. Please find attached the computer impression of the GVA 3000E Accommodation Unit.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50114599&lang=en
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Dec 21, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Fitch Publishes U.S. CMBS Focus Report on LBUBS 2007-C6.|
|Next Article:||The Western Union[R] Foundation Announces US $3.4 Million in Grants.|