Further elections to council.
* Francis Rowlands: area no 12 (South East England) was re-elected for another term.
* Aubrey E A Joachim: area no 19 (Australasia).
* Francis X R Pereira: area no 14 (Sri Lanka, India).
The following have been co-opted to council to serve from the close of the annual general meeting in June 2001 for an initial two years.
* Iain Berkeley Haggis: Iain Haggis began his CIMA training in 1984 and was elected to associate membership in 1988. Haggis trained and qualified with Reuters in the UK, Austria and Switzerland, before moving to Halifax Property Services and, subsequently, became finance director at a P&O German subsidiary. He moved to Poland in 1994 and has been the CIMA representative in Poland for several years. In 2000, he formed the IRZ (Instytut Rachunkowosc Zarzadczej), an independent sister body of CIMA established with the aim of creating a CIMA-quality Polish-language management accounting qualification. He is currently the finance director in Warsaw of De Lage Landen Leasing (a subsidiary of the Dutch Rabobank) and he is also chief executive of the IRZ. Since last year, he has been a member of the international committee.
* Chitral Hiran Mendis: Chitral Mendis started out as a cost trainee with the Building Materials Corporation of Sri Lanka in 1978. Since then, he has held various appointments in different industries, including financial institutions. He was the founder and managing director of an economic, financial and management consultancy until he took up his present appointment as director-general of the Colombo Stock Exchange in 1997. Mendis is a member of many government committees involved in the development of capital markets, deal markets etc. He is also vice-president of the South Asian Federation. He has presented papers at national and international conferences at home and overseas on strategic planning, equity markets, portfolio management, economic development, movement in interest rates, financial management and management accounting.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Financial Management (UK)|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Francis X R Pereira.|
|Next Article:||Editor's letter.|