Fulop will happily answer City SOS.
MANCHESTER CITY have made an approach to sign Marton Fulop on an emergency loan to solve their goalkeeping crisis - and the Hungary international says he will 'happily' answer their SOS.
City have been granted permission by the Premier League to sign a goalkeeper on loan deal after former Newcastle and Sunderland man Shay Given dislocated his shoulder against Arsenal at the weekend.
Given's back-up Stuart Taylor is also out of action with a knee injury, while England hopeful Joe Hart is on a seasonlong loan at Birmingham and that does not include a recall clause.
Given's injury meant the Faroe Islands' second-choice keeper Gunnar Nielsen came off the bench to make his Premier League debut at the Emirates Stadium, but City boss Roberto Mancini wants to bring in someone more experienced for the final three games of the season as his team challenge for a Champions League spot.
And City are understood to have approached Sunderland with a view to bringing the out-of-favour Fulop to Eastlands.
Fulop - who is expected to leave in the summer after making no secret of the fact he is unhappy at losing his place to Craig Gordon when the Scot returned from injury at the end of January - fits the bill, and is available because Steve Bruce has preferred Northern Ireland Under 21 international Trevor Carson as Gordon's back-up in recent months.
"I can't confirm officially any approach because personally I haven't been contacted by anyone," said Fulop. "But if the news is true then I'd go there happily and I would be hungry to play for Manchester City.
"This is an enormous honour for me that my name has been linked with a club which has such a great history."
Fulop, who turns 27 on Monday, has made 50 appearances in all competitions for the Wearsiders.
Meanwhile, Sunderland have confirmed that they will appeal against the three-game ban handed out to defender Alan Hutton following his red card in the 1-0 win at Hull last weekend.
Hutton was sent off for violent conduct after foolishly throwing the ball at Hull striker Jozy Altidore who responded by headbutting the on-loan Spurs man, leaving him with a cut eye, bust nose and chipped tooth. Altidore was also sent off and faces a three-match ban, but boss Bruce said the two 'crimes' did not bear comparison.
With only two games of the season left, Hutton's suspension would rule him out for the rest of the campaign but Sunderland will try to convince the FA to reduce the length of his ban. A club spokesperson confirmed: "We are appealing the severity of the sanction."
Back in December, Sunderland appealed against the three-game ban handed out to defender Michael Turner for a controversial red card at Manchester City, but on that occasion the FA turned them down and INCREASED the suspension by an extra game, adding to the Black Cats' sense of injustice. Bruce will be hoping for a happier outcome this time round.
SUNDERLAND midfielder David Meyler has been called up for a six-day Republic of Ireland training camp next month.
The 20-year-old former Cork City player has previously represented the Under 21s, but this is his first senior callup.
Giovanni Trapattoni's side play friendlies against Paraguay and Algeria at the end of May.
DIVING IN: Black Cats goalkeeper Marton Fulop would be willing to help out at Manchester City