Printer Friendly

Fueled by freight.

Fueled by Freight

Hauling 4.9 million tons of freight accounted for 90 percent of the Alaska Railroad Corp.'s 1989 revenues; the other 10 percent represents passenger service and real estate transactions that include permits and leases of railroad properties. From $44.9 million in 1988 to $48.3 million in 1989, freight revenues rose 7 percent. Shipments of petroleum products and gravel increased, as did local freight and interline rail cars originating in the Lower 48 or Canada.
COPYRIGHT 1990 Alaska Business Publishing Company, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1990 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Alaska Business Briefs: Rail Transportation; Alaska Railroad Corp. earnings
Publication:Alaska Business Monthly
Date:Oct 1, 1990
Previous Article:Hot quarter.
Next Article:Fleet impact.

Related Articles
Cargo transportation; changes in motion.
Back on track.
Hatfield at the helm.
Keep on trucking and rolling.
Knowles Calls for Railroad Review.
More Than a Pipe Dream.
The Alaska Railroad: contributing to communities' economics: from Seward to Fairbanks and everywhere in between, the Alaska Railroad has a presence...
DOT releases $16 million for Alaska Railroad. (Transportation).
The Alaska Railroad keeps chugging along: 2003 was a good year for the rairoad, but 2004 might even be better.
Alaska Railroad extension benefits military, minerals sector: thanks to funding from the U.S. Department of Defense, an EIS will be prepared for an...

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters