From new courses to summer internships.
* $20,000 Nuckolls Fund Grant to Kalia Toro-Sepuveda, assistant professor, International School of Design (ISD), Interior Design Program, Universidad del Turabo, Gurabo, Puerto Rico. Currently, Puerto Rico has no academic institution with a lighting design program or an NCQLP certification preparation program. The grant will be used to develop and expand the ISD's existing lighting courses, integration with the Interior Design Program and the NCQLP lighting certification examination.
* $20,000 Nuckolls Fund Grant to Karen Clarke, program codirector of interior design, New England School of Art & Design at Suffolk University, Boston, and Anna Gitelman, assistant professor, Suffolk University. A Light and Technology course will be created for the University's new MFA program in its School of Art & Design. The program will explore new lighting technologies coming on to the market, current lighting research and opportunities to interact with designers, scientists and artists.
* $10,000 Edison Price Fellowship Grant to Amanda J. Gale, assistant professor, Department of Consumer Affairs, College of Human Sciences, Auburn University, Auburn, AL. Prof. Gale will join Gary Steffy Lighting Design, Ann Arbor, MI, as a summer intern to gain further understanding of lighting and lighting design to apply to her new in-class studio activities and course projects.
* $10,000 Edison Price Fellowship Grant to Erin Speck, assistant professor, interior design, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Prof. Speck will apply her grant to develop a web-based program on controls to be made available to all interior design lighting instructors, in collaboration with the Lutron Experience Center in Washington, D.C.
* $5,000 Jonas Bellovin Scholar Achievement Award to Sean Zurko, Texas Christian University, where he is combining a major in Interior Design with a minor in Lighting for Visual Presentation.
* $5,000 Jules Horton International Student Achievement Award to Anastasiya Smurygina, a master's degree candidate in the Building Systems Program with an emphasis on lighting at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Proposals for the 2013 Nuckolls Fund grants are due on February 8, 2013. For further details, visit www.nuckollsfund.org.