Printer Friendly

Former dancer died after drinking.

A FORMER champion ballroom dancer who choked to death after a drinking bout in Nuneaton had consumed a lethal amount of alcohol, an inquest at Nuneaton Town Hall heard.

Warwickshire coroner Michael Coker said 24-year-old Gary Allen had a blood-alcohol reading of 500, which would have put him six times over the legal drink-drive limit.

He recorded a verdict of accidental death on Gary, who died after inhaling vomit at his mother's home in Park Avenue, Attleborough, Nuneaton.

Gary died on October 18 - six years after waltzing to success in the British Sequence Dance Championships in Blackpool.

The inquest heard Gary, a graphic artist, had gone out with friends and brother, Ian.

They had drunk lager in Riley's Snooker Hall and Yates's Wine Lodge but, after arriving at the Pen & Wig pub, Gary switched from lager and drank vodka with cans of Red Bull, as well as "After Shock" shorts, which are 40 per-cent by volume.

Gary's mother, Wendy, said her son enjoyed drinking but he didn't know when to stop.

She left him to sleep where he collapsed on the floor but at 4.15am she could feel no pulse.

The cause of death was inhalation of gastric contents after alcoholic intoxication.
COPYRIGHT 2000 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2000 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Feb 18, 2000
Words:203
Previous Article:Driver in M6 crash riddle.
Next Article:A sound solution to parking problems; DRIVETIME.


Related Articles
Transitions.
KILLER BOOT CAMP PLEA.
Hundreds tap along to help Roy's fund.
Choreographer Bejart mourned.
Mum sues stripper plied with booze by patron for son's death.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters