Forest Zen: make your own nature-inspired centerpieces.
PHOTOGRAPHS BY CHRISTINA SCHMIDHOFER
RELATED ARTICLE: Build a tablescape
Start with slender but sturdy dried plant material from your garden or a craft or florists' supply store.
1. Select your base: a piece of plywood or wood, or a slate or terra-cotta floor tile.
2. Lay out a geometric hole pattern around the candle(s). For safety, ensure that nothing is too close to the flame.
3. Use an electric drill with a wood or masonry bit that is slightly smaller than the stems' diameter.
4. If holes are too small, whittle stems with a craft knife. Glue in place if desired.
5. Position candle(s); votives should be in glass surrounds, but larger candles can sit directly on base. Use long-necked gas igniters to light.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Author:||Whiteley, Peter O.|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||What to do in your garden in November.|
|Next Article:||Home office retreat: a transformed garage creates space for work and family.|
|CHOPSTICKS MAKER PICKS UP SALES.|