Printer Friendly

For the Record; your letters.

Byline: FIONA PARKER

IN a story about hero mum Michelle Thomas, who saved her three sons from their blazing home but was killed trying to rescue her four-year-old daughter Courtney, it was stated that an inquest had been told the fire was started by one of Courtney's brothers playing with a cigarette lighter.

This was not the case. The hearing was simply told the fire was started by someone playing with a cigarette lighter. The copy was supplied by a normally reliable news agency and we apologise for any distress caused by this error. (Page 19, October 7).

THE Daily Mirror tries to correct errors and clear up confusion as soon as possible. Readers should phone 020 7293 3953, fax 020 7293 3975, email readers@mirror.co.uk or write to Readers' Editor, Daily Mirror, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP. The Press Complaints Commission (PCC) is the independent body which governs the newspaper industry. It has a Code of Practice we adhere to. This, along with details on how to complain, is available from Halton House, 20/23 High Holborn, EC1N 2JD. Website www.pcc.org.uk or email complaints@pcc.org.uk Telephone: 020 7831 0022 Helpline: 0845 600 2757.
COPYRIGHT 2010 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2010 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Letters
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Geographic Code:4EUUK
Date:Oct 8, 2010
Words:204
Previous Article:We Runaway with Kanye.. EXCLUSIVE HE TELLS ALL ON NIGHT WITH 3AM.
Next Article:DOUBLE PLAY BINGO.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters