For first timers.
Blue Ridge Numerics announces the availability of CFdesign vl0 for Windows HPC Server 2008, a new solution that allows engineers to "Go Digital," conducting more design studies in less time; saving expensive physical testing for final validation. CFdesign is a popular CAD integrated application that helps mechanical and product development engineers optimize flow and thermal performance during the digital design phase. The CFdesign vl0 upfront CFD software focuses on further shortening the learning curve for first-timers while adding industrial-strength problem solving capabilities to the engineering desktop. According to the company, the software exhibits:
* Clear-cut navigation, deep CAD associativity, design review and solution extraction, interactive void filling and external volume creation.
* CFD-tv episodes providing users with on-demand, task-specific training in a Web 2.0 format.
* Flow Innovation in Cavitation Prediction, a tool to predict the onset and location of destructive vapor bubbles.
* Thermal Management Innovation through thermoelectric coolers relying on the Peltier effect.
* A Quick Forced Convection for early trend analysis during design sketch and concept design phases.
* A Quick Natural/Free Convection option offers a realistic and reliable view into design-specific natural convection dynamics.
* Availability as an integrated, associative solution for Autodesk Inventor, CATIA, CoCreate, NX, Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, Solid Edge and SpaceClaim.
* The ability to democratize fluid flow and heat transfer simulation.
* Operability on Windows XP 32, XP 64, Vista 32 and Vista 64.