Food truck fever hits Dubai for three-day event.
Fifteen of London's food trucks have arrived in Dubai after a 4,000-mile journey from the UK to the UAE for the first-ever Eat the World DXB.
The street food event is set to take place at Burj Park, Downtown Dubai, from February 25-27, and is part of the 2016 Dubai Food Festival, a city-wide culinary celebration from February 25 to March 12.
The three-day event offers an eclectic menu, with items such as slow-cooked beef cheek tacos, soft shell crab burgers, chef Mark Hix's 'Rolls Royce of fish finger sandwiches', vegan sushi, Pad Thai, haloumi fries, ice cream sandwiches, and more.
"Our unrivalled convoy of London's finest food trucks has arrived in Dubai and the clock is ticking down to the first-ever Eat the World DXB event.
"The diverse international culinary line-up really reflects the multicultural nature and quality of the London street food scene right now, and we can't wait to bring a flavour of this to Dubai," said Philip Lowery, Eat the World DXB director.
Eat the World DXB's full line-up of London food trucks is as follows:
- The Roadery (British street food)
- The Crema Caravan (creamy homemade Creme Brulee and Crema Catalana)
- Bangwok Fine Thai
- Hix's Fishdog (fish finger sandwiches)
- The Cheese Truck (cheese sandwiches)
- Happy Maki (vegan sushi)
- The Other Side (fried chicken buns)
- Milo & Hector's (ice cream sandwiches)
- Made of Dough (stone baked pizza)
- The Churros Bros (Spanish Churros)
- What the Dickens (British classics)
- Big Apple Hot Dogs (New York-style halal hot dogs)
- Dixie Union (New Orleans cuisine)
- Crabbie Shack (soft shell crab burgers)
- Oli Baba's (Middle Eastern fusion cuisine)
In addition to the 15 London food trucks, the event will feature a collection of UAE food trucks, various culinary experiences and a live chef demonstration theatre, as well as muscial entertainment and children's activities.
Eat the World DXB will also offer a tea and cake area that will host the Wilton Cake Decorating Competition, sponsored by Lurpak and with a judging panel chaired by French patissier and celebrity chef, Eric Lanlard, and celebrity chef, Rosemary Shrager.
[c] 2016 ITP Business Publishing Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Hotelier Middle East|
|Date:||Feb 14, 2016|
|Previous Article:||US chain California Tortilla continues GCC growth.|
|Next Article:||Park Inn Muscat honours employee of the year.|