Flint Group introduces new European packaging inks portfolio.
The history of Flint Group may be traced to four major roots: Flint Ink, ANI, BASF Printing Systems and Gebr. Schmidt, which were all well-known manufacturers of high quality packaging inks. Following the merger of these companies in 2005, Flint Group was formed.
Flint Group initiated a European project to identify the "Best of 4" solutions for all standard application areas bringing the best formulations to all customers. A further challenge was to develop a single informative ink naming concept. The project has now been completed and resulted in a new European Standard Portfolio of solvent-based inks for packaging applications. The new solvent-based ink product systems offer maximum technological flexibility for every application and demand. The product package includes European standard ink series as well as ranges of individually formulated and designed speciality inks. The solvent-based standard product range includes six main technology types:
* PluriRange is a range of nitrocellulose-based ink systems for high quality gravure printing. The inks are designed for surface print and lamination on various substrates providing optimum performance levels.
* FlexiRange is a range of nitrocellulose-based ink systems for high quality flexographic printing. The inks are designed for surface print and lamination on several substrates providing optimum performance levels.
* MultiRange is the range of PVB-based ink systems formulated for both gravure and flexographic printing. The series includes inks for surface printing but is especially designed for highest quality lamination on several substrates where exceptional performance is demanded.
* ElioRange is a range of PVC resin-based ink systems for high quality gravure printing. The inks are designed for special surface print applications and for lamination with superior performance levels.
* ProRange is a range of CAP-based ink systems for gravure and flexographic printing, including several ink series for surface print and lamination on various substrates and performance levels and specialities.
* SentryRange is a worldwide brand of products including inks, whites, lacquers and primers, especially designed for the tobacco packaging industry. Sentry cover a wide range of resin types, and selected products are suitable for either solvent- or water-based flexographic and gravure applications.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Sheetfed ink manufacturers remain optimistic about the future.|
|Next Article:||Sun Chemical to increase North America Packaging ink prices.|