Flare-in access hardware.
New from PennEngineering is the PEM[R] threaded flare-in access hardware--a captive screw assembly for permanent installation into nearly any panel hardness or material. According to the company, new product features include:
* The patented MAThread[R] anti cross-threading screw technology, which corrects off-angle installations, aligns components and slides through potentially clogged internal threads.
* Panel fasteners (Type PF11MF with knurled cap and Type PF12MF with smooth cap) that enable subsequent access to an assembly.
* The Type PF11MF which meets UL 508 for operator access area requirements.
* The Type PF12MF which meets UL 1950 for service access area requirements.
* Thread sizes that range from #4-40 through 1/4-20 and M3 through M6.
* An anti cross-thread feature which, as threads come into contact, begins to cam over the female thread; the two thread helixes align; and fasteners drive quickly and properly.
Flush installation on the back side of a panel using minimal squeezing force with punch and anvil to flare their retainer.
* A shoulder on the retainer that provides a positive stop to promote easier installation and improved performance.