Five ways to maximise spa revenues.
1. Create packages . Make sure these are good value for money but don't include full facials as these are the most expensive treatments. Instead, offer a mini-facial and upsell for a full facial. A profitable package might include a massage with three hours of pool, Jacuzzi and beach use. Always make sure to try to upsell to customers who have booked a package.
2. Staff training is key for encouraging upselling . Teach your staff not to be afraid of the word 'no' so that they have the confidence to try and upsell. Make sure they know that as long as they have tried, they have done well, and that they shouldn't fear rejection.
3. Motivation is not the responsibility of your staff - it's your responsibility . Say thank you regularly and offer incentives. Make sure you know your team well so that you understand what makes them tick. While some people like money, others prefer holidays.
4. Use product incentives , especially for guests who have already paid for their treatment in advance, since they will feel like they have more money to spend on the day of their treatment. Always recommend a minimum of three products - that way the customer will always take at least two.
5. Get people to sign up for 12-month memberships so that revenue is split evenly over the year. It is better to have sustainable revenue of 30% over the course of the year rather than 40% for one month and then a huge dip for the other 11 months.
2014 ITP Business Publishing Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info , an Albawaba.com company