Five Ways to Give Your Skin More Antioxidants from Beauty Expert Paula Begoun and the Paula's Choice Research Team.
According to Begoun, “When it comes to using skin-care products loaded with antioxidants, you simply can't get enough of these ingredients.” Antioxidants help prevent environmental damage, build collagen, help skin heal, and produce healthier skin cells. Mounds of research continue to make it clear that when it comes to antioxidants, variety is the spice for daily skin-care benefits - especially if signs of aging are a concern. That means there isn't one “best” antioxidant!
A key tip: Don't focus on one miracle antioxidant touted by a cosmetics company. There are so many great antioxidants, and when used in combination they help skin look and act younger, while also repairing damage. Just like your diet, eating one food with antioxidants, like grapes or spinach, won't keep your body healthy and young. Likewise for skin care, getting caught up in the search for the “best” antioxidants almost certainly guarantees you won't end up using the best products. With this in mind, here are five easy ways to add more antioxidants to any skin-care routine:
1. Antioxidants + Repair: Look for silky serums that contain a range of skin-repairing antioxidants, such as vitamin C, green tea, and caffeic acid. Try Estee Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Radiance Serum ($45 for 1 ounce) or Paula's Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum ($25.95 for 1 ounce). These serums, and many more, have lots of research supporting their ability to improve signs of aging. Check out the Paula's Choice Research Team's list of the best serums with multiple antioxidants.
2. Antioxidants + Broad-Spectrum Sun Protection: Sunscreen is essential for healthy skin and it's even better if it contains a range of antioxidants to boost the skin's defenses and enhance repair. Try Avon Mark for Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 ($18 for 1.7 ounces) or Mary Kay TimeWise Day Solution Sunscreen SPF 25 ($30 for 1 ounce). Discover more best daytime moisturizers with sun protection and antioxidants on CosmeticsCop.com.
3. Antioxidants + Exfoliation: Exfoliating with salicylic acid (also known as BHA) improves acne, wrinkles, and dull skin. Adding antioxidants to the mix enhances anti-aging benefits for even better results! Find out which salicylic acid (BHA) products are the best!
4. Antioxidants + Anti-Redness: Look for gentle, alcohol-free toners loaded with calming anti-irritant ingredients, many of which also function as antioxidants. If you haven't tried a well-formulated toner to reduce redness and signs of aging, you're in for a treat! Try Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution ($28 for 4 ounces) or Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner ($15.95 for 6 ounces). Explore all the best toners for other options.
5. Antioxidants + Anti-Acne: It isn't easy to find a single product that treats breakouts and signs of aging, but they are out there. The best ones combine antioxidants with ingredients proven to reduce blemishes as well as the red marks from blemishes. Look for lightweight products that contain vitamin C, niacinamide, and adenosine, such as Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator ($22.95 for 1.7 ounces) and Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex ($29.99 for 1.7 ounce). See more top picks for wrinkles and acne on the CosmeticCop.com Best Products list.
Lead by best-selling author and beauty expert Paula Begoun, the Paula's Choice Research Team evaluates and reviews hundreds of skin-care and makeup products in books such as Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me and online at CosmeticsCop.com. Combining cosmetics industry knowledge and expertise, Paula and her team have developed the Paula's Choice line of state-of-the-art formulations based on reliable, published skin-care research. Products include skin-care, makeup, body, and hair-care products, beauty tools, and accessories. All products are fragrance-free, cruelty free, and environmentally friendly, and they perform beautifully without false promises.
Contact via Email
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||PR.com (Press Releases)|
|Date:||Dec 14, 2012|
|Previous Article:||New Guide from the Perlite Institute Highlights Use of Perlite for Rooftop Gardens.|
|Next Article:||Pumpsider[TM] Fuel Pump Advertising Solution is Released by Outta the Box Dispensers LLC.|