Fireproof your clothes dryer.
* Clean the dryer lint screen before and after each use.
* Use a vacuum attachment to clean the chute behind the lint tray.
* At least once a year, clean the dryer exhaust duct with a duct cleaner brush, available at local hardware stores.
* Remove the dryer panels periodically to vacuum away accumulated lint.
* Check the outside dryer vent cap to ensure that it's debris-free.
For more on dryer safety tips, log on to www.repairclinic.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||CONSUMER ALERT|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Credit score ups and downs.|
|Next Article:||How sweet it is: Bill Sands' high-end chocolate treats.|