Printer Friendly

Fire victim seeks help.

Bishop Weah told this paper Wednesday, 21 February in Monrovia that since his five - bedroom house got burn in November 2017 in the Bernard Farm area, he and his family have been homeless and no one has come to their aid.

He explains to this paper that the incident occured when he was in the United State lobbying for support for his school that is located in the New Matadi Community while his was at a church prayer meeting.

Basing his narration on eyewitnesses' account, Bishop Weah explains that his cousin was putting gas in the generator while children were cooking at the back of the house when gas wasted and caught fire, exploding the generator.

The Bishop indicates that they have written the Liberia National Red Cross since the incident, but they have not received any response from the institution.

He says he is appealing to government for help because he has lost everything. He also pleads with government to provide electricity around the country to reduce the incidents of fire disaster.

COPYRIGHT 2018 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The New Dawn (Monrovia, Liberia)
Date:Feb 22, 2018
Words:208
Previous Article:1,500 women acquire skills in vegetable and poultry production.
Next Article:Residents want logging trucks restricted.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters