Printer Friendly

Fire hazard of electrical kids' goods.

Byline: RUKI SAYID

THREE-quarters of children have a potentially deadly fire hazard in their bedrooms in the form of electrical goods, but don't know they are at risk.

More than half leave a smartphone, laptop or games charging on their bedsheets while two in five sleep with the devices connected under their pillows where they can overheat, a study found.

And at least a quarter have used cheap, unbranded or counterfeit chargers which can cause fires or electric shock, said the research by the charity Electrical Safety First.

Spokeswoman Emma Apter said: "Many parents are unaware of the electrical dangers in their children's bedrooms and how one person's bad habits could put the whole family at risk."

CAPTION(S):

DANGER Device charging

COPYRIGHT 2016 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2016 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Aug 3, 2016
Words:122
Previous Article:Margot: I'm in no Harry to reply to royal txts; Prince left waiting to hear from star.
Next Article:Trump unfit to lead US, says Obama.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters