Fire boy not responding to treatment.
The head of Makarios Hospital's paediatric department Dr Andreas Hadjidemetriou said yesterday the toddler's brain continued not to react.
The youngster, who is receiving treatment in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit, was asphyxiated for at least 15 minutes when he ingested smoke from the blaze that broke out in his home while he slept.
The child is on a ventilator to control his vital organs, while his family and doctors continue to hope for signs of life from his brain.
Copyright Cyprus Mail 2008
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company