Printer Friendly

Fire boy not responding to treatment.

THE two-year-old boy who was critically injured in a fire on Wednesday morning has still not responded to treatment, his doctors said yesterday.

The head of Makarios Hospital's paediatric department Dr Andreas Hadjidemetriou said yesterday the toddler's brain continued not to react.

The youngster, who is receiving treatment in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit, was asphyxiated for at least 15 minutes when he ingested smoke from the blaze that broke out in his home while he slept.

The child is on a ventilator to control his vital organs, while his family and doctors continue to hope for signs of life from his brain.

Copyright Cyprus Mail 2008

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2008 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Cyprus Mail (Cyprus)
Date:Oct 11, 2008
Words:115
Previous Article:Leaders agree to speed up talks.
Next Article:Cattle farmers plan tractor convoy to airport.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters