Printer Friendly

Family returns to find home gutted.

A FAMILY has been left homeless after fire swept their Ash Green home.

No-one was at home and neighbours in Burbages Lane raised the alarm. The blaze started in a kitchen, possibly from a left-on hob, and spread through the ground floor, gutting the kitchen and dining room.

Upstairs rooms were badly damaged by smoke and the flames reached the roof, burning into timbers and spreading into neighbouring loft spaces.

Firefighters from Bedworth and Nuneaton had to remove timbers and tiles to make sure there was no further danger.

Crews wearing breathing sets had searched the premises to make sure no- one was inside after being called to the house at about 12.30pm yesterday.

Leading Firefighter Derek Joyce said: "The place is uninhabitable and the people have had to go to relatives."
COPYRIGHT 2000 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2000 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Apr 12, 2000
Words:133
Previous Article:Court hears of rape ordeal.
Next Article:Fiendish plot to raise a grand.


Related Articles
NEWS IT, OR LOSE IT; MPs demand return of flagship show.
Gang ruins kids' Xmas.
UNITED IN FEAR, WE ALL WILLED SARAH ALIVE.
Voice of The Daily Mirror: Boom 'n gloom.
Workers in 'total shock' after bombshell; MASSEY FERGUSON SHOCK.
FIRE RUINS WIN.
Missing son's family fly to holiday island.
287 JOBS GO AT BLAZE FACTORY; Pet food boss vows to rebuild company.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters