Printer Friendly

Family of five dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Dushanbe suburbs.

Five people, including four minors, died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday in a suburb of Dushanbe, the press service of the Interior Ministry of Tajikistan reported.

The residents of Simigandzh village in Vahdat district - Nasiba Madzhidova, 29, and her four minor children - died in sleep, getting carbon dioxide poisoning formed from the combustion of coal, the statement said.

Another fatal case of poisoning was registered on December 8 in Spitamen district in the north of the country.

The citizens use coal, gas, wood and other fuels to heat their homes in winter. "Non-compliance with safety rules and incorrect use of fuel become a cause of accidents, as a result of which people die from carbon monoxide poisoning," the Interior Ministry added.

News Agency I...IUIypress - 2001-2014 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2014 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:AKIpress News Agency
Date:Dec 9, 2014
Words:134
Previous Article:Tashkent to host traditional dress festival.
Next Article:HK protesters brace for clearance after injunction published.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters