Facts To Celebrate National Napping Day 2019.
National Napping Day can be traced back to 1999 when(https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-napping-day-day-after-return-of-daylight-saving-time/) William Anthony, a professor at Boston University, and his wife Camille decided to create a day that would help highlight the importance and benefits of a nap. They agreed to have the holiday on the Monday after Daylight Savings Time since they thought the Americans needed a nap after having lost an hour due to DST. The decision was widely appreciated by the sleep-deprived Americans and was celebrated enthusiastically by them.
Here are (http://www.tipsywriter.com/blog/9-interesting-facts-napping/) 15 facts about naps to celebrate the (http://www.holidayscalendar.com/event/napping-day/) National Napping Day 2019 :
* Midafternoon naps are an integral part of several cultures, and they have been proven scientifically to be good for a person's health.
* Napping can help regulate the heart rate and it may help in reducing the risk of heart-related deaths and diseases.
* Naps help in increasing a person's awareness and alertness even if the nap is as brief as 20-minutes long.
* The increase in alertness can lead to increased performance and boosts of energy, in turn leading to more productivity and higher quality in work.
* When a person is stressed, taking a nap acts as a mini-vacation and helps the person relax and calm down.
* Not necessarily sleeping, even laying down for a short span of time helps in lowering the blood pressure, helping the person calm down and relax.
* A study found out that napping for at least three times a week for 30 minutes results in a 37 percent lower death rate due to heart issues.
* In ancient Rome, everyone was required to take a pre-scheduled nap after lunch.
* A power nap lasting as little as two to five minutes can be effective in getting rid of sleepiness.
* Every year, there is a napping contest held in Madrid called the National Siesta Championship and the winner takes home a cash prize.
* (https://www.factretriever.com/napping-facts) Dr. James B. Mass, a psychologist and sleep researcher , said napping is as important as exercise to good health and should be prioritized.
* According to sleep researchers at the University of California-Berkeley, the best time to take a nap is at the middle of one's wake cycle. Scheduling a nap eight hours after waking up and eight hours before sleeping is the ideal nap time and will help the person stay awake and alert for longer.
* While short naps don't usually interfere with the nighttime sleep quality for a lot of people, sufferers of insomnia or poor sleep quality may face problems with sleeping if they nap in the daytime.
* Napping is a better idea than drinking coffee since coffee may decrease memory performance and the effect of coffee is also shorter than that of a nap.
* According to (https://www.tomorrowsleep.com/magazine/nap-facts) Tomorrow Magazine , there are three types of nappers:
Habitual nappers - Those who nap at the same time everyday
Planned nappers - People who plan a nap before they are tired
Emergency nappers - Those who wait till they are exhausted enough to stop their work and are forced to nap
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||International Business Times - US ed.|
|Date:||Mar 11, 2019|
|Previous Article:||Jose Canseco Insists Alex Rodriguez Is Cheating On Jennifer Lopez.|
|Next Article:||Tristan Thompson Spotted Relaxing After Khloe Kardashian Split.|