FSCT invites nominees for 2007 Mattiello Lecturer.
The lecture commemorates the contributions of Dr. Joseph J. Mattiello, former President of the Federation, who was instrumental in expanding the application of the sciences in the decorative and protective coatings fields.
The Mattiello Lecture Committee will select a person recognized for outstanding contributions to science, technology, and engineering related to the coatings industry to present a paper on a phase of chemistry, engineering, human relationship, or other discipline fundamental to paint, varnish, lacquer, or related protective and decorative coatings. The Mattiello Lecturer shall embody the standards of technical accomplishment, service to the coatings industry, and leadership established by Joseph J. Mattiello.
All nominations for the Mattiello Lecturer shall include the following information:
* Name, age, and place of birth
* Current position and brief job history
* Education and degrees, with dates
* Brief reference to other significant awards
* Description and significance of accomplishments that are deemed to qualify the nominee for the award
The items cited should be concerned with coatings, be pertinent or related to coatings, or be concerned with the constituents of coatings. Some activities and accomplishments which are considered to be appropriate for citation in the nomination are the following:
* Publication and communications such as the following:
-- Journal articles
-- Books (authored, edited, or organized)
-- Chapter in books
-- Lectures and presentations
-- Symposia or meetings organized
(Reprints may be submitted with the nomination but should be restricted to those that reflect seminal contributions; teaching credentials or skills, per se, are not to be considered in this award.)
* Inventions and discoveries
* New scientific principles, understanding, or insight
* New or improved products
* New or improved instrumentation or testing methods
* New or improved analytical methods
* Novel uses or applications of products
* New or improved processes for production of resins or coatings, etc.
* Engineering aspects
* New or improved application methods
When submitting nominations, it is recommended, but not required, that seconding letters be included.
Please forward all nominations by October 1, 2006, to: Mattiello Memorial Lecture Committee, c/o Patricia D. Ziegler, FSCT, 492 Norristown Rd., Blue Bell, PA 19422-2350; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2006 Mattiello Memorial Lecture
Making a Linkage between Field and Laboratory Exposure Results via a Reliability-based Methodology
Presented by: Jonathan W. Martin, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
Thursday, November 1, 2006
Morial Convention Center * New Orleans, LA
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||FSCT News|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||FSCT events.|
|Next Article:||Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is focus of first fall FSCT Virtual Learning Conference.|