FSCT Midyear Symposium features workshop on crosslinking for coatings.
Midyear Symposium Workshop
Overview of Film Formation and Crosslinking -- Jamil Baghdachi, Eastern Michigan University
* Thermoplastic and thermosetting systems
* Stages of property development
* Chemical and physical variables controlling property development
Formation from Latexes -- Ray Fernando, Cal Poly State University
* Mechanisms and stages of film formation
* Parameters affecting film formation processes
* Crosslinking systems and mechanisms
* Self-crosslinking chemistries
Crosslinking Chemistries -- J. Baghdachi and R. Fernando
* Epoxy, urethane, aminoplast, unsaturated polyester, alkyd, silane/silicone, hybrid systems, active methylene group, etc.
Role of Catalysis -- Mark Soucek, University of Akron
* Role of catalysts and types by chemistries
* Effect of catalysts on film properties and coatings durability
* Selecting catalysts and their optimum levels
Radiation Cure Chemistries -- Peter T. Weissman, UCB Chemical Corp.
* Ultraviolet and electron beam as a source of energy
* Crosslinking through free-radical and cationic pathways
* Parameters affecting crosslink density and property development
Characterization of the Crosslinking Processes -- Loren Hill, Consultant
* Laboratory testing, hardness, swelling, and FTIR
* Crosslink density calculations
* Estimating and determining crosslink density, plots, T diagrams, DSC, DMA, and other characterization methods
For additional information, contact: FSCT, 492 Norristown Rd., Blue Bell, PA 19422-2350; 610.940.0777; fax: 610.940.0292; or e-mail:email@example.com. Visit www.coatingstech.org for updates.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||FSCT News|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Report of the FSCT Bylaws Committee (January 27, 2004).|
|Next Article:||Readers respond to changes to JCT.|