Printer Friendly

FORD MOTOR COMPANY REPORTS U.S. SALES

 FORD MOTOR COMPANY REPORTS U.S. SALES
 DEARBORN, Mich., May 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Ford Motor Company


(NYSE: F) today reported the following sales figures:
 Memo:
 1992 1991 Pct. Change Selling
 Days
 Total Vehicles 1992 1991
 April 21-30 110,932 89,195 +10.6 9 8
 April 1-30 275,812 243,667 +13.2 26 26
 Jan. 1-April 30 993,772 912,713 +7.8 103 102
 Total Cars
 April 21-30 59,564 50,867 +4.1
 April 1-30 146,309 135,907 +7.7
 Jan. 1-April 30 552,606 535,283 +2.2
 Domestic Cars
 April 21-30 58,088 48,922 +5.5
 April 1-30 142,461 130,207 +9.4
 Jan. 1-April 30 534,268 516,478 +2.4
 Imported Cars
 April 21-30 1,476 1,945 -32.5
 April 1-30 3,848 5,700 -32.5
 Jan. 1-April 30 18,338 18,805 -3.4
 Total Trucks
 April 21-30 51,368 38,328 +19.1
 April 1-30 129,503 107,760 +20.2
 Jan. 1-April 30 441,166 377,430 +15.8
 Light Trucks
 April 21-30 49,824 37,152 +19.2
 April 1-30 126,070 104,774 +20.3
 Jan. 1-April 30 429,129 366,504 +16.0
 Note: Percentage changes are based on daily selling rates.
 Comments: The following may be attributed to Robert L. Rewey, vice president - Sales Operations, Ford North American Automotive Operations:
 "We're encouraged that the auto market's gradual recovery continued in April, as total industry sales on an annual rate basis matched the level in March. (The prior month's volume clearly reflected considerable pull-ahead of import brand purchases by consumers seeking to avoid impending price increases.) Sentiment indices have begun to improve in response to emerging evidence that the economy's recovery from the recession at last is under way."
 "April was the fifth month in a row that our truck and total vehicle sales both increased versus the prior year. Ford truck sales surged by 20 percent last month, bringing the cumulative increase for the last five months to 17 percent. Significantly, much of the impetus for these advances has come from our redesigned 1992 model Econoline/Club Wagon (up 37 percent in April), Bronco (up 40 percent) and F-Series pickup trucks (up 16 percent). Explorer (up 23 percent) established yet another new record for any month (25,907). And our Aerostar minivan sales climbed 31 percent."
 "Ford's total car volume also rose for the fourth consecutive month, despite the lengthening of daily rental replacement cycles. We're especially pleased by the continuing success of 1992 model Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable, whose April sales advanced 8 percent and 19 percent respectively, and by a 16-percent improvement in retail sales of Lincoln Town Car. Our dealers are optimistic about the market outlook and their potential for further share gains in the months ahead."
 -0- 5/5/92
 /CONTACT: Joel Pitcoff, 313-337-3753, or Bonnie Daws, 313-337-3755, both of Ford/
 (F) CO: Ford Motor Company ST: Michigan IN: AUT SU:


JG -- DE017 -- 6516 05/05/92 11:35 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:May 5, 1992
Words:503
Previous Article:LSB INDUSTRIES REPORTS RESULTS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED
Next Article:DAILY TONNAGE INCREASED AT CHAMBERS VIRGINIA LANDFILL


Related Articles
FORD MOTOR COMPANY REPORTS U.S. SALES

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters