FILESTREAM.COM UNVEILS TURBO BROWSER 2000 7.0.
Turbo Browser 2000 is designed, using the familiar Explorer style interface, as an easy to use, tightly integrated file management and browsing program, including many essential file management and Internet tools, so you can have the convenience of having everything at your fingertips in one program. The power of the multiple browsing windows design for the Internet, File, and Preview maximizes efficiency by letting you simultaneously work on local stations and over the Internet. Beneath this friendly interface is a totally redesigned engine, using the latest multi-threading technology, which enables you to simultaneously perform lengthy multiple tasks with the same ease as single tasks.
"Since its first release v1.0 in 1993, Turbo Browser has been an essential file management tool for Windows users all over the world." according to Dr. Yao H. Chu, chairman of FileStream.com, Inc. "This new release makes transparent Internet connections for users to find, manage, and process files." He continued, "Until now, power users will have to use several single function utilities, each runs as an independent program, to accomplish routine everyday file management tasks. With the new release of Turbo Browser 2000, it puts everything at the users fingertips in one program."
In addition, Turbo Browser 2000 provides the users with many essential tools in processing multiple files. All file lists used in the tasks can be saved for future reuse. To safeguard your files,. in this new release, users can take advantage of the backup and restore capabilities, including encryption. Both backup and restore can be run from command line or with the Scheduler for unattended operations.
Turbo Browser 2000 includes an array of Internet tools, such as the full-featured compression and decompression tools, MAPI integration for sending E-mail attachment from within the file manager, accessing and downloading the entire web site to your Desktop. These features, when integrated with the build-in native and ActiveX viewers, and file management tools, provide you with one of the most powerful file management program.
Highlights of Turbo Browser 2000 Capabilities:
* Familiar Interface: Turbo Browser 2000 looks and feels like Explorer at first glance. Additional toolbars and buttons are provided for your convenience. This new release added the second File list window and three Output windows, the ideal tools for power users. The new design also makes it possible for you to surf the net and management files in panels side by side.
* Direct Viewers: You can single click and view files to identify them more than by names. Native and self-updating ActiveX viewers preview the latest file formats, including Office 2000, CAD, e-mail, inside Zip and CABs, MP3, Streaming video. Configurable filter, multiple Preview windows, and the hands-off Autoview are among some of the features only available in Turbo Browser 2000.
* Find Files: You can find files anywhere on your network using the Turbo Browser 2000 inclusion and exclusion filters, easy and fast! This latest new release also added the Save File List feature so you can reuse, refine, or append other list to the current list.
* Internet Tools: Turbo Browser 2000 integrates useful tools, such as downloading entire web sites, MAPI integration for automatically sending files via E-mail, compression and decompression. Even your Favorites and Address Book are there for your convenience!
* File Management Tools: Turbo Browser 2000 does all the basic Explorer file management tasks, e.g. copy, move, delete, rename. In addition, it provides new advanced features, such as compare folders, group rename, change group file properties. The build-in Undo feature allows you to undo changes made to multiple files.
* Queue Processing: Turbo Browser 2000 lets you process multiple files with the same ease as processing one file. You can copy, print, compress, convert, and view multiple selected files from different drives and folders in one action. With the new Queue window, you can also save the file list for reuse. It is a great time and work saver!
* Backup and Restore: This new Turbo Browser 2000 feature lets you backup and restore folders in compressed format. Your backup and restore options will be automatically saved in scripts. Both backup and restore operations can be run via Windows Scheduler in unattended mode.
* Print Features: Turbo Browser 2000 comes with powerful Print features for printing single or multiple files. You can print and print preview file lists. These Print functions can also be used in conjunction with the new Load File List feature for easy reprinting.
* Convert Files: Turbo Browser 2000 converts among supported image file formats, extracts frames from video and animation, and extracts ASCII text from document and spreadsheet files. In addition, this new release added the new features of name and extension masks, and the option of appending version numbers for tracking and file name management purposes.
* Text Editing: Turbo Browser 2000 comes with convenient text editing features from within the text Preview window. You can edit ASCII text, HTML code, and RTF files. This new release added support for Outlook Express E-mail (*.eml) files.
Windows 95, 98, NT, or 2000
4 MB RAM
3 MB free hard disk space
486 CPU or higher
Turbo Browser 2000 for Windows 95, 98, NT, and 2000 is immediately available online and from dealers and distributors worldwide. The Single User street price is US$69.95. Multi-User and site licenses are also available.
For Direct Sales - US, Canada and Worldwide
FileStream.com, Inc. 168 Forest Avenue, Locust Valley, NY 11560 USA
Sales: 1-800-732-3002 (US & Canada)
FileStream.com, Inc. (formerly known as Pacific Gold Coast Corp.) is a leading Internet technology company. The company focuses on bringing innovative implementation of Internet related software tools to individual users, e-commerce providers, web distributors, developers, and corporate enterprise for efficient, effective, and economical distribution, management, backup protection, and transfer of digital assets and files.
The company's award-winning software eliminates the costly delays, errors, and content loss associated with the movement of ever-increasing amounts of digitized assets and information on and across large distributed networks. Its current product suite, consisting of InstallConstruct, TurboSFX, TurboZIP(r), TurboZIP Express, Turbo Browser(r), and WinSettings, has been built with proprietary implementation of open standards, including multi-threaded compression, which enables conservation of high-cost bandwidth while also delivering cost-effective and error-free delivery and management of time-critical files. The suite components are available in English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Japanese languages. Customers encompass large and small businesses, individual users, schools, and governmental entities.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||GUI Program News|
|Article Type:||Product Announcement|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2000|
|Previous Article:||CREATE GREAT WEB BUTTONS WITH "JUST BUTTONS 1.0".|
|Next Article:||THE UNFORGETTABLE BACKUP ROUTINE.|