FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR A FIVER OR LESS; Our five easy-to-make tummy fillers cost PS5 or less to satisfy a family of four - leaving you more time and money to spend on the fun stuff.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions. Drain well and set aside, reserving a little cooking water. 3. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion with the remaining spices, stir for 3-4 minutes until tender. Season, then add the peppers and cook for another 3-4 minutes until just soft. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta, salsa and sour cream.
4. Heat through, and if the sauce needs loosening, add a little of the reserved pasta water until you reach a desired consistency SHOPPING LIST | Chicken Mini Fillets (410g) - PS2.20 | Basics Pasta Shapes (500g) - 30p | 1 red onion - 10p | 1 red pepper - 50p | 1 yellow pepper - 50p | Basics Salsa Dip (300g) - 70p | Be Good to Yourself Soured Cream (300ml) - 70p | TOTAL: PS5 CHEAT'S TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA PIZZAS Ingredients 4 mini tortillas; 20g Italian hard cheese, finely grated; 2 x 150g mozzarella, drained and sliced; 250g vine tomatoes, sliced into rounds From the store cupboard 20g tomato puree; 1 garlic clove, crushed; 20ml olive oil; Pepper; 1tsp dried basil Method 1. Preheat the oven to 200degC/180degC fan/gas 6. 2. Put the tortillas on two baking sheets lined with nonstick baking paper and spread with tomato puree.
SHOPPING LIST | 8 mini plain tortilla wraps - 70p | Grated Pecorino cheese (50g) - PS1 | 2 x mozzarella (150g) - PS1.40 | Large on-the-vine tomatoes (450g) - PS1.25 | TOTAL: PS4.35 3. Arrange the mozzarella slices and tomatoes on top of the tortilla, season with basil and pepper and top with grated Pecorino cheese. 4. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edges of the tortillas are golden.
ASDA SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE Ingredients 500g beef mince; 1 red onion, diced; 150g carrot, grated; 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes; 400g dried spaghetti From the store cupboard: 2 garlic cloves, chopped; 400ml stock (made from stock cube); 1tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs; 2tbsp olive oil; Salt and pepper Method 1. Heat 1tbsp of oil over a medium heat and add the minced beef with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until well-browned. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
2. Heat another tablespoon of oil in the mince pan, add the onions and gently fry until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 mins. 3. Add the carrot and pour the mince back into the saucepan. Add the tomatoes and herbs, and stir well. Pour in the stock and bring the pan to a simmer. Reduce the SHOPPING LIST | Butcher's Selection reduced fat beef mince (500g) - PS2.28 | 1 red onion - 15p | Grated carrot (150g) - 30p | Chopped tomatoes (400g) x 2 - 70p | Spaghetti (500g) - 53p | TOTAL: PS3.96 temperature and simmer gently for around 45 minutes until the sauce reduces a little and thickens. 4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt, as per pack instructions. Top with the mince.
MORRISONS CHICKEN TRAY BAKE Ingredients 1 pack chicken thighs; 500g potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half; 3 courgettes, sliced; 400g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks; 2 onions, peeled and sliced From the store cupboard 3tbsps vegetable oil; 1tbsp mixed herbs Method 1. Preheat the oven to 200degC/ 180degC fan/gas 6. 2. Mix 1tbsp of the oil with the herbs, season, then rub over the chicken legs and transfer into a deep ovenproof dish.
3. Toss the vegetables in the remaining oil and scatter all around the chicken. Bake for 40 minutes until the chicken is SHOPPING LIST | Chicken thighs (1.1kg) - PS2.35 | Wonky onions (1kg) - 65p | Baby potatoes (1kg) - 69p | Courgettes (3 pack) - 69p | Carrots (500g) - 45p | TOTAL: PS4.83 cooked through and no pink meat remains.
LIDL MUSHROOM STIR-FRY Ingredients 4 chicken noodle pots; 2 packs mushroom stir-fry mix From the store cupboard 1 tbsp oil Method 1. Fill four chicken noodle pots with boiling water to just under the fill lines. Set aside for four minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, in a little oil, fry the two packs of fresh mushroom stir-fry mix. 3. Pour the noodle pots into the pan and stir well until the noodles, vegetables and sauce are combined. 4. Divide between bowls and serve.
SHOPPING LIST | Chicken Noodle Pot x 4 - PS1.44 | Fresh Mushroom Stir-Fry Mix x 2 - PS1.78 | TOTAL: PS3.22
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Evening Gazette (Middlesbrough, England)|
|Date:||Aug 19, 2019|
|Previous Article:||Just no way to predict the impact of a no-deal Brexit; THE MONEY PLANNER YOUR FINANCE EXPERT WARREN SHUTE.|
|Next Article:||Take steps to stop your tech harvesting personal details.|