FAWL to host its 'lobby days' April 7.
The association has identified legal representation of the poor as its focus during the 2008 session with the following priorities:
* Supports the re-establishment of the Capital Collateral office in North Florida.
* Supports adequate compensation for counsel in order to provide meaningful and effective representation for all indigent persons entitled to appointment of counsel.
* Supports the requirement that all juveniles be given the opportunity for a meaningful consultation with counsel prior to entry of a guilty plea in delinquency proceedings.
* Supports the reinstatement of Indigent Waiver of Court fees.
* Supports civil legal assistance funding.
* Supports loan repayment assistance programs for government and legal aid attorneys.
FAWL's full legislative agenda includes positions related to women's issues, civil rights, the administration of justice, and juvenile criminal matters. A complete listing, along with online registration information is available through the FAWL Web site at www.fawl.org.