ExxonMobil Chemical Company Launches New Exceed(TM) Metallocene Polyethylene HTC Technology at K 2007.
HOUSTON -- ExxonMobil Chemical Company will introduce the latest innovation in applying metallocene polyethylene (mPE) technology during K2007 in Dusseldorf, Germany on October 24-31. New Exceed[TM] mPE HTC (high throughput, high clarity) technology delivers high throughput rates combined with outstanding optical properties and toughness.
On conventional extrusion equipment, Exceed mPE-rich formulations can now achieve very high throughput rates while, on state-of-the-art machinery, unprecedented throughput rates of two kg/hour/mm die diameter are possible. The technology combines superb bubble stability with the toughness, sealing and optical properties of Exceed mPE.
The high throughput rates combined with an outstanding gauge profile allow increased value to be created across the supply chain from film converters to end-users. Suitable for thin film structures and packaging applications across a number of industries, Exceed mPE HTC technology will be demonstrated at the following booths at K2007:
Blown Film Extruders
* Reifenhauser (17/A21) Exceed mPE HTC technology packaging film: Oct. 28-30
* Windmoller & Holscher (Technical Center in Lengerich) mPE HTC technology packaging film: Oct. 25-26, Oct. 29-30
Film Converting Equipment
* Hudson-Sharp (3/B17) Exceed mPE HTC technology bread bags: Oct. 24, 26, 28, 30
ExxonMobil will also demonstrate Exceed mPE film structures for several other applications at K2007. These formulations build on the proven track record of Exceed mPE to deliver superior film performance, allowing our customers greater scope for innovation in meeting the needs of their downstream customers. This includes the following:
Blown Film Equipment
* Hosokawa Alpine (16/D06) Nexxstar(TM) resin formulated collation film: Oct. 24-25
* Jinming (8b/A26) Exceed mPE HCF (high clarity, high stiffness) film: Oct. 24-31
* Kiefel Extrusion (17/C42) Exceed mPE packaging film: Oct. 24-31
* Macchi (17/C20) Nexxstar resin formulated collation film: Oct. 24-31
* Reifenhauser (17/A21) Exceed mPE in barrier film : Oct. 31
* Sun Centre (16/D39) Exceed mPE high performance lamination film: Oct. 24-31
* Windmoller & Holscher (7/A39) Exceed mPE in packaging film: Oct. 24-31
Film Converting Equipment
* CMD (3/B17) Exceed mPE in premium quality household bags: Oct. 24-31
About ExxonMobil Chemical
ExxonMobil Chemical is a global leader in technology, product quality and customer service with petrochemical manufacturing and/or marketing operations around the world. For more information visit: www.exxonmobilchemical.com.
Note to Editors:
1. ExxonMobil, the ExxonMobil logo, Exceed and Nexxstar are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation.
2. The term "ExxonMobil Chemical" refers collectively to some or all of the companies affiliated with Exxon Mobil Corporation, and/or itself, which have chemical manufacturing and /or marketing operations around the world.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 24, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Orca Interactive First to Bring Content Discovery to IPTV with COMPASS.|
|Next Article:||The Five to Watch: Ascend Predicts Future Aviation Stars First A380 Passenger Flight Marks Dawn of Next Generation.|